Thursday, August 06, 2009

Shitty Attitude

"I am thrilled!" She said to me yesterday. I recalled the exact words that she said.

"This is so perfect to me. I mean I really like this job! This is what I do best!" She said that while she looked directly in my eye.

"Well, I am glad that you like it." I responded to her and continued "If you need anything, just call my extension at XXX." I smiled at her and that's the last thing I said to her on her first day reporting for work.

For your information, it was yesterday I spend a half-day orientation programme with this yong, energetic, married mother with 1 kid, who aspired 'to prove my employment worthiness to any employer' as her resume so proclaimed. No, she wasn't applied for a managerial post. On the contrary, she wanted a Receptionist post and that's contented she would with a receptionist work. Basically, that's her experience prior to joining.

This morning as I walked to my office passing by the reception. The old receptionist told me: "She did not show up. I doubt she will come."

I gave her benefit of doubts. She might be caught in terrible terrible jam... so tick tock tick tock... from 8.30am to the time now is 3pm. She did not come. I send her an SMS. 'XXX, I am Ah Kean from XXX. What happened to you? You are supposed to be at work at 8.30pm. We are worried.'

Soon after that, she texted me back 'Hi Ah Kean. Actually I got a better offer at XXX. Tq 4 your cooperation.'

Screw you! What do you thank me for? What cooperation did you refer to? I hired you to work here for my employer and you got a better offer and then decided to keep quiet about the whole thing thinking that we would be okay for you to disappear like that? If I did not text you, you would probably go along with your Tak-apa-lah Attitude. Do I need to teach you the how to behave like an adult? Mother of 1 kid?

As much as I wanted to screw her with harsh words, I remain composed and fired an SMS to her. 'Well, I care not you have better offer or whatnot. You can become First Lady of Malaysia for all that matters but do you not think that at least out of politeness you should inform us of your decision at the earliest opportunity? Why did you even join us yesterday? Why do you sign our Appointment Letter before hand?'

After a while, she replied. 'I am so sorry.'

Well, at least she apologized for what happened. Most of the time, you don't even get a reply. Your call would not be answered. It is like you are talking to a wall and don't expect the wall will answer back.

Shit like this happens a lot in the business of recruitment and selection. Whether you are in the similar profession with me or otherwise, you may have come across this shit. As I have seen so many shits like this even at the times of bad economy, I begin to think that this shitty people with shitty attitude is such a disgrace to Malaysia. Don't talk to me about shitty vision 2020 or 2200 for that matter because with these shitty people around, you can only go backward, not forward.

Pheeewww! I feel better now. Pendidikan Moral is, obviously useless. Parenting guidance is what these shitty people are lacking with. Can you imagine these shitty people with shitty attitude becoming shitty parents and passing down the shitty attitude to their children!

Oh yeah, if you thinking that the Company is a screw-up at the first place. No, we don't force people to sign appointment letter with a gun in our hand pointing at their head. No, we pay our staff salary and statutory contributions on time even AirAsia would want to study our methodology in order to improve its flight timeliness. No, we don't ask them to do anything illegal and unlawful from religion and law perspective. You happy you sign. Simple as that.

Tiu! Now I remember. She did not return the Access Card.

So many times! People stay with the job at the time of bad economy? Well I don't know. It certainly does not apply to the those Shitheads who can abandon job as the reality to them is that the money falls from the sky.




No comments: