Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Faye Wong's Come Back Song

One of the biggest news in Chinese Music industry of 2010 is that Faye Wong, after many years of retirement from the music scene, is coming back to spice things up a little. Like the desert misses the rain, her fans over the world were so thrilled and excited over her return to the pathetic Chinese music industry, in my humble opinion.

Admittedly, I am okay with Faye Wong. I think she had some good songs over the years when she was active in Chinese music scene but that was it. I think her voice is unique - you know soft, dreamy, crispy clear and... well, my point is, sometimes I would fall asleep to her songs or her voice.

Anyway, it is good that she comes back because she did produce quality music and stuff which is what the Chinese music industry is seriously lacking now. Someone got to show the other musicians how it should be done! I expect that her come back song to be something more exciting but I am a bit disappointed really.



This song reminds me of my bed and pillow the minute it plays. It's my problem to have such high expectation? I hope her come back album is something more exciting and different.

No comments: