Sunday, March 22, 2009

Paddington House of Pancakes

Now, this is my first entry on food so let me make one thing clear that it is not my objective to make any recommendation like this-food-is-good-go-try-it-out-that-one-is-lousy-skip-it kind of thing. I am not an expert in food tasting nor I cook so even if I do comment like I would kill to have this or it tastes like shit, it should be taken as an honest account of me on the food that I tried. Do not hold me responsible for anything if you take my review overly serious. After all, what is good for me may not be that good for you.

Okay, enough with the nonsense. Here we go.

I am not a big fan of pancake hence I have never thought of setting foot in Paddington House of Pancakes. Every time I pass by Paddington, I would steal glance through the window glass trying to find out what people are eating (Not nice to peep but curiosity get the better of me) and many questions would come to my mind like what could they be possibly cooked with pancake? What can be so special about pancake? How many types of pancake can there be? After all, pancake is just simple food (to me), right?

The questions lingered on until last Sunday, me and my giril friend strode into Paddington in a quest to find answer to those nagging questions.

We were warmly greeted by the staff who smiled at us as If I am about to tip him RM1,000 and as we are about to blah blah blah...... fast forward to the menu shall we? I don't want to bore you with trivia.

Well, one good-looking menu was my first impression when I held it in my hand. The thing I would have to say next is that the menu is a bit confusing to me (was I the only one?) and after a while staring / browsing through it, I got a bit disorientated by the fact that there are so many pancakes that I would like to try! They really spoil you with choices I must say or it is just me that has little experience with pancake.

It took forever for me to make up my mind on this one but good thing that there is a small separate menu that helps customer to choose the ideal pancake by outlining popular choices in Paddington.

Well, when you can't make up your mind, just go with the recommendation! Let me show you what we ordered that day. The photos are taken directly from the menu. I say Paddington's Big Taukey, you should pay the photographer well for good job done on the photos as staring at them can make one really hungry. At least it works that way for me.















I ordered the above. It comes with double gourmet cheese sausages, beef salami, hashbrown and grilled mozzarella. When my order came, it was a let-down visual-wise. For some reasons, I actually expected the actual one to be as good as the photo's.











My girl friend ordered Grilled Chicken Burger that comes with caramelized onions, grilled cheddar, peppers, chicken ham and hashbrown.

My impression of sausage has been so-so. Nice t
o eat but if I am to choose between egg sandwich and sausage for lunch, sausage would go to the refrigerator. The so-called premium sausage that I had tried before failed to elevate the ranking of sausage in Food That I Love Chart. In fact, I was a bit skeptical and wanted to change my order. I am glad that I did not.











As I sliced the sausages into small parts, my thought was: If I am going to be charged for that much, this sausage has to be good or else I will burn down Paddington! Thanks God the sausage was indeed a heaven treat and God did not want me to end up in prison an arson convict.

As much as I like to eat, I do not have rich vocabulary to help me in describing food taste that could make you drool like a baby. So this is simple straightforward from me: The best sausage that I have in my life and I would like to use Britney Spears' sluttish song in the background "Gimme more, gimme more" to enhance my statement. For me, it did not taste like I am biting a sausage, it has texture! Mind you, I have views that sausage don't have texture at all and you eat one sausage is like you have eaten all the sausage in the world: They all taste alike. I was very wrong about this. Suffice to say that I was eating 'meat' rather than sausage. Soft texture, tender meat, rich flavour, and the brown sauce is perfect to the meat.

Enough with the description on sausage now or else I would jump up from my seat and drive down from Seremban to the nearest Paddington and threaten the chef to cook one for me now or end up losing the retaurant in fire even though it's 1pm at the time of writing.

The pancake did not dissapoint me. It was soft and tasty and it had a mild sweetness to it which is very nice and it did not conflict with the brown sauce. The beef salami tasted equally good. I had the urge to lip-clean the plate. I would die a happy sausage man right there and then.

Likewise, my girl friend enjoyed her pancake as much as she enjoys shopping / window-shopping for new pair of shoes every now and then.















I was thinking to myself why did she order chicken burger as there are, obviously, better choices? Don't argue with woman about choices I tell you just don't go there but go with the flow.

I took a bite on the burger. My oh my, the burger tasted oh so heavenly good! It is like the meat, pancakes, hashbrown, sauce and everything in the plate fit in well together in taste! No wonder she was quiet, very concentrated and contended the whole time. I don't mind to lip-clean her plate.

You don't leave Paddington without trying the desserts. There are many choices but as soon as I saw this photo down here, I know immediately what to order.











Maple baked mixed fruits (peaches, plum, pineapples, strawberries, bluberries) and ice-cream. This baby costs me RM23.50 and we waited 20 minutes for a freshly baked pancake dessert!

When it finally landed on my table, I was taken aback at the size of it: That's like my face times 2! There should be a warning to customer that this dessert is good for three persons. As much as I like to eat dessert, this is too big for the two of us. We did not get to finish it.

























Needless to say with the amount of food and contentment we had, we happily paid the bill and slowly inched towards the exit looking like two big round balloons.

Me: Do you Belch want to come back again? Belch
Girl friend: Yeah, I think I really like Paddington. Belch

So we will be back to Paddington to try out other pancakes.

1 comment:

Mona Wong said...

I really enjoyed the food here! It was just nice and yummy and looking forward to visit Paddington again... :-)

hmmm, which menu should I order then??