Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hing Ket Grill House

Lamb chop has never tasted so GREAT to me! It is so Good with the capital G! and I am talking about Hing Ket's grilled lamb chop!
Exclamation mark three times. Huh, that's means very good.

Before Hing Ket, I don't particularly enjoy lamb chop or anything cooks with lamb. I mean yes, I eat lamb chop a few times before but I wasn't impressed at all. Everything about lamb is just average to me. That changed after I tried Hing Ket's grilled lamb chop and who would have though that I become so fond of it?

I was introduced to Hing Ket of Kampung Jawa because it serves grilled crab that is big, fresh, tasty, and at the cheaper price. I am a bit skeptical about the grilled crab thingy. I remember of a time I eat grilled grab at a famous Ikan Bakar in Malacca so many years ago and how I hate it because it was hard to eat the crab as the meat was dried and stuck to the shell and all that because of the grilling or over grilling. Needless to say, I just wasn't enjoyed it.

When I sat down in Hing Ket for the first time, I was not convinced when I know that we were going to have grilled lamb and crab but hey, since there was recommendation well, just go with it. The rest is history because I have been coming back to Hing Ket a few times now. By the way, have to thank Ah Grace for the introduction to Hing Ket!











I was planning a celebration recently and I had been raving about Hing Ket for a few weeks as if I own the business and successfully got Ah Chong drooling and fancying about the food just by mere description. One of the evenings after much touturing Ah Chong, three of us (Me, Ah Chuin) jumped into a car and headed towards Kampung Jawa.











Click here for direction. Click here for a blog's review about the place.











Three hungry ghosts awaiting eagerly for the food to be served.
I mean me, Ah Chuin and Ah Chong.















2 pieces of lamb chop per hungry ghost so there were 6 pieces of delicious lamb chop for 3 hungry ghosts! Grilled to perfection. Slightly charred. The meat was tender and juicy... should I say juicy? I mean the meat was not dried like when you over-grilled it so when you chew it you chew it like chewy gum and you would not be able to swallow it. In fact, it was the lamb fat that is juicy and I can't believe I love it! The raw smell of lamb was not in the taste at all. That's for me makes the lamb chop so lovable and edible. I can have the 3 pieces of lamb chop in a row! By the way, each lamb chop costs you RM7.50 if you want to know.












You have got to try it with the mint sauce. Well, not that mint sauce is necessary because the grilled lamb is as good eating it as it is. Personally, I just like to have it with mint sauce.

















There were other dishes. This one here is oyster with fried eggs mixed with starch. No bad at all. At least the oyster was a bit larger and when you chew it, you could really taste the oyster from the starch.











Fried noodle with mantis prawn. Nice taste! You should try this out.












This one right here is the otak-otak and overall, the dish is okay but honestly not to my liking.















We waited a long while for the crabs to be served and usually it takes longer time to cook the crabs I don't know why. The crab was prepared in simple way as if there is no preparation at all. Usually, when you dine in restaurant, the body and pincer of the crab would be chopped up and cracked open nicely for you so that you could easily remove the shell to get to the meat but this is not the case here in Hing Ket. No cracking whatsoever. The crabs grill as they are. Take a look at the photo!











Well-cooked crabs. Aren't they pretty in orange!. Look at the lovely colour!










The crab right here is 600gm I think (About there) so it is slightly larger than the normal size crab that we have in the restaurant. Anyway, it costs about RM28.00 to RM30,00 per crab. I got news that sometime you can have crab as big it costs you RM50! Imagine the size.











Do remember to make advance booking via telephone a day before for big crab or else you would be disappointed or be satisfied with normal size crab.















It wasn't difficult to remove the shell however, if you are not into intestine, it is a bit of work for you to remove those inedible stuff.











Imagine if this is a female crab, this shell would be filled with crab roe with bright orange colour. Forget about butter or salty egg or pepper or any other way of cooking the crab, the best testing crab has to be the one which is cooked simply and freshly without losing its original taste.











Got this one for free, so to speak.

No comments: