Saturday, May 09, 2009

Ugly Monkey Business

It started with a fuzzy, shoddy image in my head that we are living in a very backward, lawless, and barbaric time when the words such as moral, integrity, and ethic were not even perceived in the mind of our very ancestor: Homo Sapiens. I put down the newspaper in my hand and then I feel heavy with the eyes.

Then I had this little dream in my mind that went like this: I was in a Zoo and I was truly enjoying myself watching the animals: The different species of birds, white tigers, lions, pandas, snakes, etc. I strolled slowly and reached a big cage with a big group of monkeys locking up in the cage and my appearance sent them go berserk and that shocked me greatly. I looked around and then I realized that I am the only visitor in the Zoo.

Suddenly, for some reasons unknown to me, the monkeys mutated and they became stronger. They got strong arms and grew bigger than me. This was happening so fast. The steel bar of the cage was easily bended and one by one the monkeys walked out from the cage and like a stone I froze watching what had just happened right in front of me and forgot to run. In no time, I was surrounded by monkeys.

Too late, I got no way to escape and they outnumbered me. That's it! That is the end of my day because they looked like they want to kill me for some reason. They each have an angry and utterly ugly face and if I may, I would go to the extend to say that they look like demons from hell! There and then I saw one of the monkeys hobbled slowly towards me. Apparently the smallest one in the group and it has an undeveloped leg because it limped as it inched closer. It stopped at a distance that I can see its face clearly. It has a human-like face.

I was thinking to myself where have I seen this face before? A face of middle-aged woman. The shoulder-length hair, round and ungrateful face. Frown expression as if she is not happy with anything and everything. She looks like the woman who single-handedly overturned the State Government of Per......

Just there and then. She demanded in human voice "Give me the microphone!"

I puzzled or rather I was startled at her demand and where the hell do I find a microphone for her? I don't have one with me now. Nevertheless, I uttered a response. "What do you mean? I don't have one. Let me go".

She growled a little and with a smirk in her face she went "I know you know me. I have been the victim for so long when I was in in human form like you but I was treated like a worthless worm by human! I was sidelined, I was ostricized, singled out, and I was in pain... very much in pain... that's when I decided to betray human!" At this point, she shed tears and her voice choked and her face showed anguish? Anguish or acting I can't see clearly from where I stand.

Then this big tall monkey with big belly white hair slowly emerged from the background and hugged her from behind. "It is okay now. You are one of us now and I would be your guiding light. Worship me and I shall elevate you. Remember our deal." It smiled an evil grin. I shuddered.

At this juncture, another monkey with round spectacles and obviously much darker hair all over its body appeared from the back of big tall monkey. It looked at me fiercely and I can tell it ready to make a jump on me make me kill.

I panicked. I don't want to die but I am confused now because I did not do anything wrong. I should not be the one that they are after: I queued up, I paid the entrance fees and I did not feed. I followed rules and regulations and am I deserved to be killed because of that? This could be the case of mistaken identity. I calmed myself a little and I uttered "What is wrong cannot be right and what is right cannot be wrong. The Almighty God know!" I don't know what I said but I said it.

Immediately these monkeys gave me the sharpest gaze even known to the monkey kind. They growled crazily and together took one step closer on me!

Shit! I said the wrong thing! Stupid me! It happens all the times to me. Quick, think about something else to pacify them!

This crippled monkey shouted back at me "I can topple the whole Zoo when I want to. You can't keep us monkey in the cage anymore! GIVE ME THE MICROPHONE! NOW OR NEVER!!!"

"Yeah! Right! You have your God to answer to. Right! You don't have to answer to human being of your behaviours! Right! It does not matter how they think and act on you. Errr, right, God will be with you and blessing you all the way through!" Damn! The more I say, the more honest the answer! That's obviously not something you say to appease. The thing about me is that I tend to say directly what is on my mind when I feel tensed! Obviously, I did not think I have calmed them.

"Stupid human, KILL YOU NOW!" The crippled monkey surged forward faster and faster. The rest follows closely behind. It jumped into the air and howled. "I am your nightmare human! Remember me I used to have a human name too I am HeeeeeeeeZeeeeeeeF.........!"

In the time of crisis, I reacted the way I best know how: I remembered I defended myself and I fought with my fists firmly and wildly and... and... and... then I jolted up, opened my eyes and gasped for air! God, it was a dream! I just had a bad dream that's all.

I looked at the newspaper that I held in my hand and suddenly I realized: Despicable ways of Power Struggle in Perak.

I just have this to say: Don't glorify your misdeeds! Don't try to patronize Rakyat Jelita like me! Don't try to rationalize your illegal, despicable acts, and don't fill us with twisted facts! We are not blind and we can see what is wrong and what is right. You are digging your own graveyard and your doomsday is near.

Just as I expected, we are now the laughing stock and subject of mockery as the undemocratic event in Perak unfolded in the newspapers around the world.

2 comments:

HJ® said...

aiyo bro, why la fight with the monkeys? luckily it was just a dream eh? *grin*

anyway, ever noticed there's always a crowd at the monkey cage? most monkeys swing (pun intended), and make funny faces (pun intended also). aint monkey the silliest zoo animal? *LOL*

Ah Kean said...

Ha ha ha! Well said. I like your pun-intended thingy. *grin*

I love monkeys - they are truly lovely and smart animal! But I don't like monkey business - What is going on in Perak.