Friday, May 29, 2009

In Politician We Trust

Maybe I am being too idealistic and out of touch with reality. I always think that being a politician, your main objective, once being elected by Rakyat, is to serve the Rakyat and advancing the interest of the Country. I have a tendency to believe that politicians are noble and being respected by Rakyat because they are, and empowered so, to fulfill the expectations of the Rakyat. Such noble responsibility and such an important job. Rakyat is the master and politician is servant of the master and the objective shall be serviing the Rakyat and the Country. Simple right?

Silly me, that shows how far off I am from reality.

In reality, the notion of serving the Rakyat / Country is the mere cosmetic layer of ugly and selfish human behaviours that aim at nothing but squashing rival politicians and of course, make big big bucks through legal or illegal means, and in the process, betray the very good human values. I am sure you can immediately give me the names of politicians who we admire for bringing changes and respectable. But at the same time, give me the names of those politicians who you think should, well, go to hell. The bad ones outnumbered good ones right? No need to think far. Think in the very land of boleh-ness.

Times and times we witnessed our politicians making fool of themselves and bring shame to our Country domestically and internationally and STILL they are thick-faced enough to put forth illogical and / or obtuse reasons as if the Rakyat are so blind, foolish and gullible! I hate it when someone USE / SWEAR in the name of God. The fact is when you do that you are telling the world that you are worthless and unscrupulous that using God's name is the only way to add credibility to you. Such a shame to your family's name. On the other hand, that's blasphemy for me.

Anyway, having said all of the above, we, Rakyat deserve to be treated like a fool because we did not chose a party that treat us respectfully. Instead of voicing out our views / wishes through casting our votes, we switch on to Angeline Jolin news or shopping for new shoes or staying in house on election day because very hot - Can you believe it! That's not the worse, the worse is making self-serving statements like: I am not interest in politics la or I don't care about politics it does nothing to me.

Well, you are living in the world that is full of bullshit and unfairness because you allow it to happen. You are too ignorant and too lazy to open your eyes and take note of whatever that is happening around you. Politics has every impact on you and your life like it or not. Why do you think the Police service sucks? Why do you complain about public transport is not up to expectation? Why do you question yourself time and over again after paying your tax, the services have never been improved? Why do you think you are paying exorbitant toll fees daily? Why do you think your nephew, being a brilliant strike A student, did not get the scholarship he / she deserves? Why do you allow corruption to be a norm in Malaysia? Why do you complain Malaysia is no good to you when you don't even care to make your voice heard?

My one vote does not make any difference la. Yeah right, you are so indifferent you refuse to see that you can make changes even with your one vote.

What happened in Perak recently should open you eye and for those uninitiated, think along this line. You were raped and injured. You dragged yourself to the nearest Police Station. Hoping to get the assistance from Mr Police who supposedly protecting the Rakyat. Instead the police officer scorned at you "Padan muka! Sebab engkau dilahir seorang perempuan!" What the fxxk! Okay, Police don't help me I go to judge. So you went. The judge told you "You should not seduce him! You started this and by right, I should throw you in jail!" Confused and extremely unhappy! What in the world is going on? The rapist don't get punishment but I, the victim, was being accused of starting the crime that I did not commit? Fine! If the judge is blind and can't help me, I go to Whatever Minister. Guess what he said? "Well, I am the one who instructed you to be raped!"

Unbelievable huh? It happened?! It happened right under your nose. What can you do about it? Do you want to live in such a world where what is immoral becomes moral and what is wrong becomes right? The law is in the hands of those in power and they do whatever they want. Sad but true.

I think Rakyat has to be united, wise, and be strong enough to say that I don't need rubbish politicians who hold the office but done nothing for me and my beloved Country. I have enough with empty and broken promises and I am master, you are servant. You should respect me and I don't need your bullshit.

Reading back what I have written so far in this post, I can't help but to think that my view may be too pessimistic or direct to some of you out there but that's because I care being a Malaysian. I care to live in a democratic country. I care to uphold good human values. I care to live in a country that promote unity among races and racial harmony. I care what other countries think about Malaysia. And I care to make a difference with my vote, in 3 or 4 years time to come. I care to say no to develish politicians.

It does not matter who you vote as long as you vote wisely and truly believe in the party that your vote to be in the power has the ability to change the Country and serve you better.

Vote! Vote out the politicians who are rubbish! Vote in the politicians who care to bring positive changes in our Country!

No comments: