Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jade Village Restaurant

Do you like dim sum?

I love dim sum so much but unfortunately, I don't find any good dim sum in Klang Valley. I find the dim sum places in Klang Valley to be over-priced and generally not up to my expectation. My favourite dim sum is Min Kok Restaurant in Seremban. It is on the top of my dim sum list. However, I am not talking about Ming Kok today.

About two months ago, I chanced upon this dim sum restaurant in Kota Damansara and totally like it. I run a search in google. Not much information about this place. Well, here you go.

Jade Village Restaurant is located... er... a bit hard to explain the address is here: 22A, Jalan PJU 5/11, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Your typical Chinese dim sum restaurant minus the uncles and aunties or older people chatting loudly and happily sipping the tea? I noticed, from the few visits, that most of the crowd are younger for reasons unknown to me. I find the dim sums here very good in taste and deserve recommendation.










Porridge. I like a small bowl of porridge to kick start the breakfast. Thick in texture and taste but not too watery.











I maybe wrong about this but when you want to know if a dim sum restaurant is using freshest ingredients and serious about providing good tasting / quality dim sums to its patrons, try its 'Har Kau' or prawn dumpling. I took a bite at Jade's 'Har Kau' and I have confident with the quality of dim sums. The prawn is fresh and a bit bouncy when biting it. If the 'Har Kau' can be that good which is expensive ingredient, the other dim sum can't be that bad. Well, this may not be logic to you but my experience of those years of eating dim sums has bee such.











Upon hearing someone ordered 'Long Har Kau' or lobster dumpling, it was like what! you have lobster in your dim sum! No time to waste, I immediately ordered one.

When it arrived, cheah! it wasn't lobster! It was a few prawns (three to four) wrapped and steamed together. Nope, I was not disappointed but very happy with the taste. How often do you get to munch three prawns in your mouth at one go! Yeah, that's right! If this is really a lobster, it would cost me dearly.














Egg tarts! I love it. It is not so sugary and it has egg taste.










'Ghi Cheong Fan' or rather sliced roasted pork in thin rice skin socked in light soya sauce. Am I right with this? Ha ha.

I did not taste it. Ah Chuin did so I guess it is good as long as she gets her sambal chili banyak banyak with it!













'Har Guin' or Prawn and minced pork fried in beancard skin. Yummy!










Well, you can't leave a dim sum place without trying its 'Char Siew Pau' or... er... how do I call this in English? Steamed roasted pork in a bun. Taste okay. A bit salty to my liking.








'Dai Zi Kau' or Steamed scallops dumpling and there are two scallops and one prawn in one dumpling. It's costs you RM4.00 for three dumplings - That's what I was charged.











I'll be back for more!


1 comment:

Mona Wong said...

Dim Sum fans, you should try it out !!! I personally likes it..