Thursday, June 18, 2009

Datuk Sudirman Arshad

Gees, why sooooooooooo late. That was my first reaction when I read about the news this morning that The Late Sudirman Arshad was conferred Datukship recently after 18 years of his passing.

Some might think that better late than never but I think the recognition should have come much sooner. It should have been given to him at the time that was matter to him most - when he was alive and made Malaysian proud. If my memory serves me right, he was famous, popular and a role model for all of us. He is a great entertainer / performer / actor and totally deserved the datukship. He sang the ever so famous song - Balik Kampung - the song that is truly a classic to me and would be remembered by everyone of us for a long long long long time. He is one of the artists that would make me glued to the TV for his concert show in RTM1.

Don't know about you but I feel it lacks the sincerity in conferring datukship to him after 18 years. I can understand the delay if it is late by 1 or 2 years but 18 years is just too far and irrelevant to me.

Anyway, congratulations to the late Datuk Sudirman Arshad and his family for the recognition that has finally come.

For the younger generation or those uninitiated, please click here for details about him.












No comments: