Friday, June 26, 2009

Thank You Michael Jackson, For The Sweet Memories















There isn't much that I can do for you so I dedicate this song - Smile - in my blog to you.

SMILE
By Nat King Cole

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near

Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile


I remember (I read it somewhere) that Smile is one of the Michael Jackson's favourite songs. This track was included and covered by him in one of his albums (of which I can't remember now) and the melody stayed with me up until today. Needless to say, it has become one of my favourite songs too.

I thought you did not matter to me until I came to know about your passing from the news today. Well, I was shocked, a bit but very quickly I came out of it. That's just part of life isn't it. Funny it may sound to you but I had somehow predicted your death. For the last few years, whenever I come across your news I paid close attention. There was this feeling that "It's about time". No, I wasn't cursing you but... I was just feeling something wasn't right or more precisely, something bad was going to happen to you. Then I heard the news this morning...

Despite all the bad things that I heard about you over the years, I must say that your music has brought so much pleasure, happiness, and memorable moments in the early part and certain points of my life.

I remembered when I was knee-high and at that time, the word 'music' has no meaning to me. I got very excited seeing my brothers moonwalking across the hall, squealing, moving around with hands and body to the music. They were trying to imitate your moves. As a small child, it was exciting for me to watch my brothers did those moves and they did it sooooo often and so funny. I giggled and laughed while watching that. Sooner after that, I know the name of the music - Billy Jean.

Not so long after that, Thriller came and raided the airwave and followed by Beat it. These music did not fail to amuse me at my tender age. Whenever the beat came on, I would turn to my brother and they would immediately become 'Michael Jackson'. These are my memories of your music, Michael.

Your music created so much of excitements in the early part of my life. It was fun, it was amusing, it came to me with positive feelings and brought so much smiles to me. Everything about you was exciting! Did I mention that the whole Kampung was crazy about you too? Malay, India or Chinese. Everybody just loved your music.

I know that you were planning to make a come back. But you can't do that now. Just like the song that you sang - Gone too soon - You were gone, too soon.

GONE TOO SOON
By Micheal Jackson

Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon

Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon

Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon
Gone Too Soon

May you rest in peace and find your Neverland. Thank you so much for your music.

3 comments:

Vy said...

Yeah...He'll be remembered.
The one song I love is - Heal the World, written and composed by MJ himself.
RIP

HJ® said...

he he, which Kor-kor mimicked MJ's iconic moves?

Ah Kean said...

All three of them! Ha ha. In fact, the more they tried, the more I laughed harder because they looked like MJ! M here is for monkey. Ha!