Sunday, June 28, 2009

Place That I Needn't Welcome

I hated coming here yet I had no choice but to show up. The last time I was here, it was an unpleasant memory.















The irony was the sign that greeted me. It reads: Selamat Datang ke Wad AG. Selamat Datang! Do you think I like to be here? And everybody else for that matter. You do not have to welcome me here. Hospital is not a place I really like to visit. It is a greeting used in the wrong place. Totally unnecessary I think.









I was there to see my father and he was warded for the last few weeks. His condition had improved compared to the weeks before. His face was not as pale before but his knee was painful. He limped and moved slowly. Anyway, I was glad to see the progress he made.















Well, one good thing was that he was well taken care of here. The conditions of the ward are not bad at all - well-ventilated, well-lit, proper facilities and the staff are friendly. It was obvious that father missed home but he could not rush. He wanted to talk to someone and I am glad that I was there. I had the time so I kept him company. I accompanied him to the X-ray room. Took this photo from his back while he was waiting for his turn. Noticed that his shoulder had shrunken. He used to have broad shoulder.









I left after 2 1/2 hours. Mum was waiting for me at home.















Not a place I like to visit. I was wondering how long they are keeping my father here. That day was 21 June 2009.

He was discharged on 25 June 2009. I am sure he was happy finally at home. He missed home.

3 comments:

HJ® said...

Hope he gets better

HJ® said...

Hope he gets better. Try to go home more often la bro

Ah Kean said...

Almost every weekends! It was a great relieve to see father's health has improved after started haemodialysis about 2 weeks ago and every other day call him to watch his diet. Ha ha.