Thursday, September 17, 2009

Are You The Crappy Driver?

Does it spoil your day when someone does something to his / her convenience but ignore yours?

The fact is that the story I am going to relate to you did not happen to me but being the third party, I can feel the agitation and anger of the victims.

So here is the story…

At 6.40pm, I was approaching home after work and about 50 meter right outside my house, I spotted two Intrakota buses and a police car parked right at the middle of the road and some people encircled the road. Just as I though it could be an accident or something, it wasn’t.

I parked my car, went up to my room and observed the situation from the balcony and my housemate was already there telling me that a stupid inconsiderate driver had parked his car where it should not parked and caused the massive traffic jam at LRT Station.

There were people wanted to go home as soon as possible but stuck in the bus. There were people needed to be at home cooking meals for their loved ones but stuck in the bus. There were people wanted to break fast after whole day fasting but could not do so because the bus couldn’t move at all. Look at the photo below.









As you can see, the Proton Gen II in silver grey colour was parking at the road side where it blocked the Intrakota bus (behind Proton Gen II) from going out. Take note that it is a one-way road going up a slope and the width of the road is just nice for a bus to go through giving its long body.

The police car was there to wait for the driver and serve him good with a traffic summon.

It beats me to think that why would the driver park his car there at all at the first place? Doesn’t he any common sense that a bus would not be able to pass by with his car occupying part of the road? It is pretty obvious to any road user but there you have it, a selfish driver thinking only of his convenience.

At the first place, he could have parked his car at the parking space provided by LRT station with a small charge. But he didn’t. I always wonder, if you can’t afford the small parking charge why bother to have a car or to drive a car? If he has to park his car at that very spot due to emergency, he should have left a note and mobile number to call. Be considerate! That’s all.

The driver was no-show up to 7.40pm The public was getting really annoyed and decided to move his car to the left side of the road by manual force to make more room for the bus. Then the bus tried it was successful. I was glad that the passengers could go home finally.

Of course, a traffic summon was served and a small note (with nasty words courtesy of one of the irate passengers I supposed) was attached to the car wiper.

I got an update from my housemate that the culprit did show up at about 11pm to retrieve his car and he was immediately confronted by the LRT station worker for his ignorant way of parking that had caused all the troubles.

No comments: