Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crappy Movies

I was a movie buff. I like movies a lot in my younger years to a point I though I was in serious addiction problem and I can’t wait to catch a movie / movies each and every week without fail. If I did not catch a movie, that particular week would be quite miserable for me – like something is missing. Whether going to a movie alone or with friends I just totally enjoy it. At one time, I even think that what would life be without movies and music.

What I used to like about movies is its core entertainment and senses-stimulation values: The graphic effects, the booming and crispy sound, the punch-to-punch-and-kick-to-kick, the chase (after bad guys or after girls), the laughs, the suspense, the big names, the big budget production, the screamers, the shockers, and basically, the Hollywood type of movie.

So over the years, I have watched a lot of movies that I like and movie that make me feel like bitch-slapping the producers. Today, I would like to talk about movies that are senseless and pointless to me, especially the one produced by Hollywood. Movie that you sit through and wish that you were never born to subject to this torture. Feel free to disagree with me, I find more and more bad movies nowadays compared to many many years before.

With the advancement and sophistication of technology, backed by a large pool of highly skilled professional movie workers, you would have though that Hollywood, being the best movie producer in the world, has what it takes to provide movie buff with reasonably good movies. That’s partly right. They fill us with rubbish movies as well.

There are bad movies everywhere but I could not remember their names but just talk about recent ones I can give you two: Don’t mess with Zohan (DMWZ), and Step Brothers (SB).

Well, what can I say about these two movies. You can sit me through the C-class horror movies or oldies or movies that just talking, talking, and talking and I will survive till the end of the movie. That’s show just how good my tolerance level. But my opinion of DMWZ is one word: Anger. I never felt as such about a movie. The movie was such a total insult to your intelligence and it is totally devoid of anything good. The fact that it was shown in Malaysia was such a mystery to me? Is the movie distributor out of their mind by bringing in such a low class movie which is full of… well… shit, shit, and more shit and very very low class jokes which are anything but funny. I was shocked to find that Adam Sandler actually produced the movie and needless to say, I have banned all Adam Sandler future movies from my to-watch list. The only movie makes me sick to stomach and really feel like throwing a chair to the screen – this is the one!

If my memory serves me right, the parents were furious and objected the screening of the movie because of the profanities and offensive contents which is unsuitable to our children. I totally understand why so.

As luck would have it, I was watching Step Brothers (SB) yesterday and as much as I think Will Ferrel is one of the funniest comedians in tinseltown and how he made me laugh with the movies like The Producers (What a brilliant movie!), but he failed miserably with SB and I could not fathom why was this movie produced at all and yes, he is one of the producers of the movie. Poor script, lame storyline, lousy and retard jokes and damn! It is just about two 40 something adults behaved like 5 years-old in the entire movies.

Okay, I feel more and more crappy now talking about crappy movies? What’s your crappy movie?

No comments: