Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Boston Restaurant

It has been a while I did not post anything on food. I like food the way I like to breath. I have been accused, blamed, and convicted in many occasions that the main reason why Mona is fighting hard with her weight problem (and without any success thus far loh...) is because I have been over-nourishing (in other word, fattening) her with food. Food after food and after food and after food...

While I give no hoot about the accusation, I continued to fatten her on last week's Sunday while we were in Klang. We arrived at our favourite place late - New Boston Restaurant - and we paid the price of having to wait for like more that an hour or so for our food. Funny thing about this place is that it is a traditional Chinese restaurant but with a very unconventional name. It is located at the Klang City area, next to Wisma Lembaga Tabung Haji, opposite Eon Bank and Kamdar, and near to Shaw Parade.

With the major upgrading road works going on at the Klang City area now, we lost our direction and took a while to find ourselves in New Boston. Boy oh boy, look at the crowd.

The tables were all over the place - at the walkways, at the whatever open space available - which is quite a common sight at New Boston. I would suggest if you want to give this place a try. Reach there before 6pm. Just nice for you and your friends who don't like to wait.

As we arrived late, we were standing outside the restaurant joining the 'late crowd'. I took these photos just to show you how crowded the place was. It was Sunday but I understand that the crowd is huge too on weekdays.









We got our table after about half and hour later. I was thinking that the food would come reasonably fast but I was wrong. Me and Mona were staring at the empty table and each other for like an hour.

I am glad that it did not rain otherwise our eating mood would definitely be ruined sitting out in the open space.

I am just going to say that the best tasting la la (clams) that I have tried so far has to be here in New Boston. It is a die-die-also-must-order dish every time we eat here.

The steamed clams in supreme soup, I hope I call it right, has sliced chilies, ginger strips, and fried garlic cover all over it and cook to perfection.

The clams are average in size but very fresh. The soup is just superb! I wanted more (so did Mona) and ordered second round after finish the first one. The price is about RM18.00 (small) which is good for two persons. You will find that each table has this dish.

We also ordered the cabbage with dried shrimps. Stir-fried and less oil. Like the vegetable as it was still crunchy after cooking.

Grilled prawn in don't-know-what-d0-you-call-it sauce. A bit sweet to my liking but the prawn is big, fresh and juicy. I ate 80% of it. Yummy!

One of the dishes that you should not miss is tapioca noodle. The tapioca noodle isn't taste very much like the average noodle. I heard from a friend that it doesn't have any taste at all but if you cook it right. It is tasty. It has a very boucy texture when you bite it. It is cooked in HokKein style with, you know, blackish sauce. You are going to like it, seriously!

This is nestum mantis prawn. Mona's favourite dish. She ate 80%
of it.

Overall, we were charged RM89.00 for two persons. A bit expensive but the prawn is really big that could be easily charged at RM40 to RM50 per dish in other restaurant.

Despite the long wait, I am coming back for more as I am being treated like a customer here. I don't mind the wait if the restaurant operators treat me reasonably like a customer and the food tastes superb.

The only complaint is that the toilet should be cleaned frequently and the patron should have the courtesy to flush after use!

2 comments:

Mona Wong said...

yeah, their food really taste good. two thumbs up from me!

Ah Kean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.